Five Ways to Wellbeing
At The District, we are committed to enhancing the wellbeing of all members of our school community. One way we are doing this is by promoting the ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’.
What are the Five Ways to Wellbeing?
The Five Ways to Wellbeing Framework was developed by the New Economics Foundation as a set of five evidence based actions that promote wellbeing. Based on the latest scientific evidence the simple actions, if taken regularly, can improve wellbeing and enhance quality of life.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing are to:
- Connect – connecting with others
- Give – giving – looking outward as well as inward
- Be active – doing something active
- Take Notice – taking notice of the world around you
- Keep Learning – learning new things Each action can be undertaken individually or collectively as part of everyday activity.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing may help young people:
- Make the most of opportunities and deal with stressful situations by taking time out and learning how to cope when things get tough.
- Increase their interpersonal skills, empathy and communication skills through giving and seeing themselves as part of the wider community.
- Increase their chances of employability and self-worth by taking notice of what they are good at and what they have to offer others.
For more information please click on the link:
Take a look at our latest news posts below
OPEN EVENING OCT 2 2023 4-6 PM COME SEE OUR SCHOOL AND RECEPTION
Y4D, you are AMAZING! The children have managed to raise a massive £445 for Pawprints to Freedom! 🐶💚 Over the past 6 weeks, Y4D have taken part in the LFC Foundation #iWill project. The project focuses on empowering children to identify, prioritise and...
Making Moving Monster #DT # Mechanics
Contact the school