Five Ways to Wellbeing
At The District, we are committed to enhancing the wellbeing of all members of our school community. One way we are doing this is by promoting the ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’.
What are the Five Ways to Wellbeing?
The Five Ways to Wellbeing Framework was developed by the New Economics Foundation as a set of five evidence based actions that promote wellbeing. Based on the latest scientific evidence the simple actions, if taken regularly, can improve wellbeing and enhance quality of life.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing are to:
- Connect – connecting with others
- Give – giving – looking outward as well as inward
- Be active – doing something active
- Take Notice – taking notice of the world around you
- Keep Learning – learning new things Each action can be undertaken individually or collectively as part of everyday activity.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing may help young people:
- Make the most of opportunities and deal with stressful situations by taking time out and learning how to cope when things get tough.
- Increase their interpersonal skills, empathy and communication skills through giving and seeing themselves as part of the wider community.
- Increase their chances of employability and self-worth by taking notice of what they are good at and what they have to offer others.
For more information please click on the link:
Take a look at our latest news posts below
After school club enjoyed icing and decorating some fairy cakes on Monday. Look at some of these designs! Hope they all enjoyed eating them at home. 🧁 😋 The children in afterschool club have been requesting paper aeroplanes, so on Monday we gave them a...
We visited London with the Rainbow Education Multi-Academy Trust Schools today! Our head pupils visited the Houses of Parliament, watched a debate in the House of Commons and also visited many well known sites! What an amazing experience 🥰.
Y2B had a lovely day at the zoo and it was even better because the sun put in an appearance! I think we had some tired children at the end of the day! Thank you to all those, staff and parents, who helped to look after our children. The BEST day at Chester...
Contact the school